Mintion Beagle Camera Specifications
|Model||Beagle||Frame Rate||Up to 25fps|
|Video Compression||H.264||Auto Time-lapse Video||Yes|
|Video Resolution||1080P||WiFi Connectivity||Supports 2.4GHz 802.11g/n|
|Night Version||Yes||Connect to Printer||USB Cable|
|Upload Printable File||Yes, gcode file||Temp. Monitor||Yes, for Hot End & Hot Bed|
|Compatibility||Marlin 3D Printers||Files Storage||Micro SD Card|
Create Pretty Cool Video without Any Setting
Stop to Save Filament
The Mintion Beagle Camera Unboxing Video
This is an excellent unboxing and tutorial from Mintion that you won’t want to miss. The Eryone ER 20 3D printer I was using encountered a problem when it came to connecting to it. This was due to it not being compatible with the camera, so had to use the Artillery Sidewinder X2. As a result of the help I received from Mintion, many of the issues I was experiencing were resolved. Below, I will explain all the issues in more detail.
What FDM 3D Printer Does Mintion Beagle Camera Support
The BealgePrint camera supports Marlin 3D printers with the default baud rate of 115200, such as Creality Ender 3 / Pro / V2 / Max, Ender 5 / Pro / Plus; Anycubic Mega SE / Zero 2.0, Vyper; Voxelab Aquila / C2 / X2; Longer LK4 / Pro, LK5 Pro; Prusa MINI / MINI3S+. Mintion has added the 250000 baud rate to their camera Linux system, but Mintion are still working on the communication between the camera and 3D printer.
How Does The Beagleprint Application Work?
The Beagleprint application is a simple yet elegant application that allows you to monitor the progress of your 3D printing in real-time as well as the status of your 3D printer in real-time. As a result of using Beagleprint, you should be able to produce some pretty amazing time-lapse videos without having to make any advanced settings at all like editing Gcode or by making a switch that takes a picture of your 3D print.
Furthermore, Beagleprint allows you to:
- Watch the real-time videos of 3D printing at HD / SD resolution
- Capture the images of 3D printing
- Connect / Disconnect your FDM 3D printer
- Upload the gcode files for direct printing
- Check the 3D printing process by percentage
- Pause / Stop the 3D printing
- Monitor the model height, layers, fan speed, etc
- Check the temperature curve of the hotend and the hotbed
- Set the goal temperature for the hotend and the hotbed
- Move the X/Y/Z axis by millimeter units
- Adjust the feed rate and fan speed
- Playback the normal recorded videos by day/time on your mobile phone
- Download the time-lapse videos to your mobile phone
- In theory, there’s no limit to adding cameras into the application to control numerous 3D printers, but if the number is beyond 30 units, it will occupy a lot of the GPU resources of your mobile phone
- Online upgrade of the firmware of the Beagle camera
- Wireless extends the Beagle camera for smart kits
As far as I know, you should be able to control all of this using an Android application on your mobile phone, but this wasn’t the case for me. I was having problems getting the BeaglePrint application to comply with the instructions I was giving it. Some of the time, it would allow me to connect to the 3D printer, but all I could do was adjust the print head when. In addition to this, the Beagle Camera would keep on disconnecting while using the application and the mobile phone would get hot while it was running. The phrase “heating up” is used as a metaphor to describe my phone as it is threatening to blow up!
If you encounter this problem, I recommend that you use your PC browser, but you need to be connected to the same internet connection as the Beagle Camera in order to use this method.
Where To Get The Beagleprint Application
A How To Guide For Connecting The Beagleprint Camera To The WiFi Network
Please download the app “Beagleprint” in App Store, Google Play, or the apk files from Mintion Google drive (only for the Andriod system). After that, please follow the steps as follows:
1. Click Beagleprint to run, and register your information to login (Only ask for the first time to login);
2. Power up the camera, and you will listen to the voice of “Camera is ready for AP configuration”;
3. click “+” on the top right of the screen;
4. Click the button “AP Configuration“;
5. Click the button “Next“;
6. Select the WiFi you want to connect to and input the password of Wi-Fi, then click the button “Next“;
7. Click the button “Go to Setting Interface“, then connect the Wi-Fi with the prefix of “BGCAM***XXX-XXXXX” and input the default password of “01234567“; Then go back to the Beagleprint app and click the button “Next“;
8. The camera will connect the Wi-Fi, and you will hear the voice of “Successfully connected to the WiFi“. The whole procedure needs to wait for 1-2 minutes because the camera needs to restart.
How To Upgrade The Firmware on The Mintion Beagle camera
While the Beagle camera is an ongoing project, Mintion are adding more different 3D printers and slicers for compatible everyday. Therefore, with the latest firmware, you will have more compatibility and better user experience on the camera. DO NOT power off the camera power during upgrading this can cause brick issues meaning the camera will break. The whole procedure will take about 3 minutes.
If you have finished adding devices in the APP, you can skip this section.
If the camera have connected to the WiFi network, you can skip this section.
2. Copy the upgrade file into micro SD card in the root folder.
|Beagle Camera||Raspberry Pi + USBcam(Octoprint)||Creality Smart Kit|
|Easy to use||Plug&Play||Not easy, Need configuration||Plug&Play|
|Time lapse Video||No setting||Setup Octolapse||No|
|Check Printing Process||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Upload Printable Files||gcode files||stl & gcode files||stl files|
|Compatibility||Yes||Yes||Only for Creality|
|Easy to Approach||★★★★★||★★★||★★★★★|
|Create Time-lapse Videos||★★★★★||★★★||None|
|App Control 3D Printer||★★★★★||★★★★||★★★★|
|PC Control 3D Printer||★★★★||★★★★★||None|
Mintion Beagle Camera Price And Shipping Details
The Google guys shouldn’t feel left out though. Wyze has stated that Google implementation is right around the corner. If you’re like me and short power outlets. The camera can daisy chain up to 4 cameras together. There is an extra USB on the back of the just for this.
Easy setup and low data usage are just a number of features that make the Wyze Cam Pan a great addition to your Hobby shop or as a simple security camera. The included 14 day rolling cloud storage is only another reason to think twice before buying another camera.
The MakerPi K5 Plus machine consists of a 120-degree camera angle. Through the PC, there is hexagonal monitoring. You can easily monitor the process of printing while doing as well as working on several things. Check out the timely process of printing if it is working normally; therefore, no need to go in front of the machine.