The Taiwanese manufacturer Phrozen has introduced another wonderful 3D printer, namely Phrozen Sonic SLA, for the market. This article will take you through the main features of the printer and if it is good for your workshop or not. So sit back and enjoy.
Features of the Phrozen Sonic SLA
The printer features a Monochrome LCD as opposed to the LCD masking screen as in other printers. Furthermore, the powerful ParaLED UV light engine increases the layer cure team. Also, the printer mono-LCD panel is believed to run for 2000 hours of life before needing replacement. As a result, this makes it a perfect Mono-LCD for the 3D printing.
Seemingly, the high printing speed of the Phrozen Sonic SLA is a slight tradeoff for the quality of the print. The XY resolution of the printer is 62 microns as compared to the 47 microns of the Phrozen Shuffle. Thus, the print quality might be slightly low, but the speed makes up for this shortfall in the quality. Also, the print speed of 60mm per hour is the claimed speed form the company at a given resolution.
The cure time for the layer is claimed to be 5 seconds per layer which is substantially quicker than most of the masking LCD printers of this category out there.
The PZSlice Pro Software is the operating base of the 3D printer. Though little is known how will the software operate in real-time but as yet it has been claimed that the software is as good as any other slicer available in the market.
The build size of the printer is 120x68x200 mm which is very impressive when compared to other LCD printers of the same category.
The Phrozen Sonic SLA is easily connectable to your designs by using any of the available options from USB, RJ45 or MicroSD. Furthermore, the printer has connectivity from ethernet cable and Wi-fi. As a result, the printer becomes easily connectable. Thus, this results in increasing your ease of access and use of the printer.
- LCD: Monochrome 5.5″ HD
- XY Pixels: 1920*1080 pixels
- XY Resolution: 62 µm
- LED Array: ParaLed V3.0
- LED Power: 60W
- Print Speed: Up to 60mm/hour
- Ports: RJ45, USB, microSD
- Printer OS: Phrozen OS
- Slicer: PZ Slicer Pro by Formware
- Z Resolution: 10 – 100 µm
- Z-axis: Single Linear Rail with Lead Screw
- Network: Ethernet, WiFi
- Power Input: 100-240 VAC – 50/60 HZ
- Printer size: 280x280x370 mm
- Printer weight: 10Kg
Currently, the Phrozen Sonic SLA is available for €1.073,55 on fepshop. You can contact the shop now to get more details about the latest discounts and schemes on the printer.
- Mono-LCD offers a long lifetime of approximately 2000 hours.
- The structure is stronger and sturdier, improving the stability of the printer.
- The mono-LCD is pressure-resistant and more rugged than other LCDs.
- The layer of cure time is very fast.
- Higher efficiency due to advanced power-pack installed.
- Better thermal dissipation during printing sessions.
- The high build volume is only supported by a liner-rail moving Z-axis, which can cause regular maintenance of the ball-screw.
- The Slicer is yet to be tested in real-time.
- The print quality is not very excellent.
Phrozen Sonic SLA Conclusion
Summing up, the Phrozen Sonic SLA is a beautiful choice for industries and manufacturers who prefer time over quality. Moreover, the price of the printer makes it only feasible for professional users who do have experience with LCD printing before.