Table of Contents
After the success of their first Voxelab Aquila, Voxelab has now produced an upgrade. The Voxelab Aquila X2. Let’s check out the specifications and how it differs from the original!
- Aquila X2’s latest firmware and quick guides Download
- Update: Aquila X2 H32 BL-touch firmware V5.3.1 Download
- Aquila X2 Cura configuration file (Aquila X2 and Aquila share the same Cura configuration file) Download
Specifications of the Voxelab Aquila X2
|Extruder Number – 1|
Extruder Diameter – 0.4 mm
Maximum Temp of Extruder – 250 ℃
Maximum Temp of Platform – 110 ℃
Print Speed – ≤180mm/s，50-80mm/s normally
Support Filament – PLA , ABS, PETG
Print Volume – 220x220x250mm
Layer Resolution – 0.1-0.4 mm
Print Resolution – ±0.2 mm
|Device Size – 473x480x473(620)mm|
Package Size – 570x380x220mm
Screen – 4.3-inch Screen
Net Weight – 8.2 kg
Gross Weight – 10 kg
Input – AC 115/230V 50/60Hz
Output – DC 24V
Power – 350 W
|Working mode – SD card offline printing/Online printing|
Software – Cura / Simplify 3D / VoxelMaker
Output – G file
Input – AMF/ STL / OBJ
|Running Noise – 50dB|
Working Environment – 15-30 ℃
Resume printing function – Yes
Filament sensor – Yes
Language – English / Chinese
|Voxelab Aquila||Voxelab Aquila X2|
|Maximum Set Temp. of Platform||100℃||110℃|
|Build plate heating time||3-5mins to 100℃||3-5mins to 100℃|
|Command panel||4.3 inch horizontal screen with rotary knob||4.3 inch horizontal screen with rotary knob|
|Replaceable print bed||YES||YES|
|Net weight of complimentary filaments||50g||50g|
Overview of the Voxelab Aquila X2
- Sturdy structure prints steadily.
- Print spec: build volume 220*220*250mm, print resolution ±0.2 mm, print speed ≤180mm/s.
- 4.3 inch vertical command panel: better conform to user operation habits, easy to use.
- Filament detection sensor: detect and notify filament status during the printing process, a powerful guarantee for a successful print.
- Filament auto feeding: put in filament end and trigger filament auto-feeding via the command panel. The new feeding module ensures stable feeding, minimizes breaking.
- Resume printing: resumes 3d print exactly from where it stops when power is back on, no need to abandon current print and start from the beginning.
- Ultra-flat glass print bed: strong adhesion, excellent first-layer printing, easy to remove object after print finishing.
- Software supported: Cura / Simplify 3D / VoxelMaker.
- Filament supported: PLA, ABS, PETG, and Voxelab PLA Pro Filament.
Where to buy the Voxelab Aquila X2
You can purchase the Voxelab Aquila X2 from their site at a respectable price of just $199.
Amazing 3D Prints From Voxelab Aquila X2 Users
Final thoughts on the Aquila X2
Looking at the comparison between the Aquila and the Aquila X2, there doesn’t seem to be that much of an improvement, really. The major differences are the X2 has a carry handle and a filament sensor. Everything else is the same as the original! It would have been good to see a touch screen and perhaps dual Z rods (Although not necessarily needed with this size of 3D printer).
If you are contemplating on which model to get out of these 2, just go for whatever is cheaper they will both perform exactly the same!