Table of Contents
Tips for optimizing the 3D model before printing
Very often a person has a lot of ideas about the pose for a 3D figure. It seems that with the help of a 3D printer, you can create any object can imagine, and the only limitation will be your fantasy. And partly that is true! But many points can spoil the appearance of the 3D sculpture. So if you can do your figure perfect, why ignore “pose tips”? Specialists in the world of 3D printing 3D Generation are ready to share some secrets that will help beginners to avoid simple mistakes. And if you follow these simple tips, you will also get such great 3D figures. You can read more on it here.
How to optimize the pose of a 3D model
Before sending the model to print, designers modify the 3D figure. For this, they often use software – Meshmixer from Autodesk or others. But we will not dwell on this, because everyone works with the software that is comfortable for them.
There are some rules that 3D artists follow to get beautiful figures that will be pleasant to hold in hand. Professionals don’t forget that pose for the 3D figure should be stabilized then it would stand on the shelf well.
Why is it important to pay attention to the pose during scanning and modelling
Before choosing an unusual posture, you need to take into account the characteristics of the material used for printing.
- Even if you use strong materials, there is a high risk to damage small parts quickly. They need to be “stuck” to the main body of the 3D figure.
- Another way is to make thin objects thicker. It is impossible to leave too thin details – floors, clothes, earrings, other accessories. To avoid breakage, the designer changes their proportions.
- It is important to imagine how the figure will look in the final step. Take into account all aspects, and you will not be disappointed with the result.
What poses are suitable for an excellent 3D model
Try to create an exciting look, and do not concentrate on the unusual posture. You will get a magnificent 3D figure with adding bright clothes, prints, unique accessories to the character. At the same time, a lousy pose can spoil the overall look and hide cooling elements on the model.
Here are some examples of good poses.
Mistakes in choosing a pose for scanning
The beginners often forget essential aspects of scanning or modelling, because of which the figure is not of high quality. Notice the points that you need to pay attention to:
- Seated poses can be chosen, but they are more difficult in processing and editing. If you want to print the model without improving it, it would be better to find the other pose.
- If you choose an unusual pose for a 3D model, for example, a position on one leg, you need to think about how to transfer weight to other elements of the figure and make Mini-me clone stab. It is obvious to use coasters for such types of characters. This will reduce the risk of the product falling and damaging after printing.
- If the figure is small – for example, 10 centimetres, then it is not advisable to make hand gestures, in which a person shows his fingers. These items can be poorly printed and easily damaged.
- If you decide to make your look more exciting and bring additional accessories to the scan – hats, wigs, glasses and others, don’t let them overlap your face. This also applies to hairstyles.
How to pose for a good pair figure
To make a double 3D figure, you can be scanned together or separately, and then perform the overlay.
- A figure in which partners look into each other’s eyes looks worse. This pose does not allow the cameras to capture the face during the scan. It is more difficult to edit it and get a good 3D model.
- Even if your partner can hold you in your arms or you froze in an exciting pose, do not forget about the fulcrum, which should be in the 3D figure. This also applies to models with a child or pet. It is not advisable to raise them and keep them above your head.
- Objects should be located close, but not overlap each other. This will allow the 3D figure to be stable and not complicate the processing process.
There are some good examples of double 3D figures:
These simple tips will help to get a beautiful 3D statue which will delight you for a long time.
Enjoyed this article? Take a look at Major FanArt Model Review – Does It Make The Cut or The Secret of Successful He-Mans Skeletor 3D Printable Model.